Thursday, March 11, 2010

all about food...

A new found food treasure in Charlottesville: Korean House

Honestly I haven't been to Korean House since First Year. Last time I went was with my korean class, and I never went with GCF people because we would just drive 40 minutes to Bamboo house because it is supposed to be so much better.. but apparently not!

The daughter of the owner served us and she told us that the owner/chef came from the southern part of Korea, near the bay area, that's why he specializes in seafood dishes. The Spicy Cod Fish Stew there is just heavenly. I kept day-dreaming about it the next day at work.





You can't really see it in the picture but they use fresh cod fish for this. That's why fish meat remains intact and the texture doesn't get mushy even after all the time spent in that boiling stone pot.

We also got Bibimbap and Hae Mul Pan Jun (Seafood pancakes). Pretty standard stuff, but well executed. Oh, btw, they added a mountain of cabbage on the bibimbap. Good touch. I'm a sucker for complex texture combination. =)




Today I had to go to Waynesboro for work, so I "passed by" Klines and splurged on ice cream - a quart of Pistachio and half a gallon of Raspberry! Come eat some at Monty!


....

By the way,
I just turned down the opportunity to make my boss' wedding cake...
I NEED INSPIRATION TO BAKE AGAIN!!




Poker birthday cake for my boss' fiancee

No comments:

Post a Comment